Closed Thread

Thread: Out of hospital ... girl who came back from the dead

Default Out of hospital ... girl who came back from the dead

Nine weeks after hundreds of mourners attended her funeral, the pretty 19-year-old blonde checks her text messages and chats animatedly with her boyfriend during an outing on a hot summer's evening.

This is the first photograph of Whitney Cerak since the horrific motorway accident in which the Michigan university student was believed to have died in a case of mistaken identity.

Though she must still use a wheelchair while her shattered left ankle heals, Whitney has been discharged from hospital and has begun to attend a rehabilitation centre for five days a week for physiotherapy.

Her psychological scars also are healing.

For five weeks while she lay in a coma, her family believed that she had died in the wreck.

In fact the mangled body they buried on April 30 was that of another young blonde in the van in which Whitney was riding, 22-year-old Laura VanRyn.

'When Whitney first came round from her coma, she was quite irritated that people didn't know who she was,' her grandfather, Emil Frank, said last night.

'But she has overcome that and is doing remarkably well. The doctors have told her she will even play her favourite sport, soccer, again. Last time we talked she told me, "I am a very happy girl.'

While in a coma she was watched over by Laura's family.

Her face was so bloated, bruised and distorted by life-support tubes they did not question the misidentification.

On May 29, just after Whitney's blue eyes finally opened and she scrawled her name.

When her parents, Newell Cerak, a church minister, and Colleen, a gym teacher, rushed to her bedside, she cried and said angrily "You think I'm dead."

On June 6, Laura's body was exhumed from the grave marked with Whitney's name, and reburied.

Three weeks later, Whitney was sent to the rehabilitation centre, where she is able to sit in the gardens with her boyfriend, Matthew Wheeler, 19, and her family.

A family friend says: 'There is now a lot of optimism that she will make a full recovery or, as she puts it, "become real person again".'

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Out of hospital ... girl who came back from the dead-cerak080706_600x600jpg.jpg  
    Bad gyal nah fraid ah big talk... so min' yuh step an watch weh yuh walk...

2.    Sponsored Links

The girl in the bottom picture is the girl that passed away...

Disturbing The Peace Dhaz Immigrant killa's Avatar

that's messed up, well @ least her family has their duaghter but RIP 4 the other 1

thats serious

Parting Ways Is All We Know Of Heaven And All We Need Of Hell

that's freaky knowin' that u think ur child is dead and u find her 5 weeks later alive

but its messed up that the real family for the other girl missed her funeral

that is screwy 4 real

dat's creepy. to think ur child is dead then realize she's alive...

ur tellin' me that's a freaky story

I suppose because of the swellin an stuff all they could see was the blonde hair...but I thought they woulda done extensive tests durin the autopsy to know that it wasnt the right gurl??

I remember this!!

What's good for one family is bad for another.

Closed Thread